Saturday, June 18, 2011

What I'm learning so far at Netroots Nation


    I have to say I am having a great time here at Netroots Nation. I'm learning so much about the progressive movement. In fact, it is challenging my views about where I stand on several issues.

    My LGBT stance is mostly the same, but I am seeing where the government can be pushed harder to send a message. Sometimes in order to make things happen, you need to make it happen. I think as a 'Worker for the people' you need to set examples. The Right Wing has no problems doing that; the Left has to do the same.

    My blind stance on Obama is actually changing. I'm still a Ride Or Die chick for him, but I will start questioning where are we heading on our road trip.

    I also realized my voice is valuable within the Black community as well. I will make more of a commitment to reach out the overall community about LGBT issues. Some think Black and LGBT communities won't ever mix well. I can't accept that and if I can do something to change it, well dammit I will. So, I've been thinking about some ideas for my organization, the Jordan Rustin Coalition.

    I have one more day of the conference and I'm sure, it's going to be a blast.Source URL: http://americanendeavor.blogspot.com/2011/06/what-i-learning-so-far-at-netroots.html
    Visit american endeavor for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive