Wednesday, May 11, 2011

INTERVIEW: Matt Alonzo checks back in with Dirty Laces Matt talks to Dirty Laces about leaving SkeeTV and going independent. You wonder why on earth


    Dirty Laces caught back up with one of the best music video directors in the game, Matt Alonzo. He recently was nominated for a MTV Japan VMA for his work with Far East Movement and Dev on the ‘Like a G6′ music video. Matt talks to us about leaving SkeeTV and going independent. You wonder why on earth would he do such a thing? But keep reading and he explains his decision.

    DL: You previously were the head director at SkeeTV what was it that made
    you decide to go independent?

    Matt Alonzo: I just felt it was time for me to move on and see what I could do on my own. I had great success with DJ Skee and appreciate all he did for me and my career but I wanted a new challenge. It was time for a new chapter in my life as well as my career. I remain good friends with everyone at SkeeTV and they are and always will be family.

    DL: Who are you working with now?

    MA: Since leaving in March, I started a production company called Modern Artists Creative with my producing partner Mike Busalacchi. We brought all of our crew with us as well as our producer Kelvin Craver, who is also a
    partner in MA Creative. We have been staying busy shooting projects for Tyler The Creator, Mellow Hype (of Odd Future), Jasmine Villegas and Xzibit among others. I also linked up with LARK Creative to rep me as a music video director as well as teaming up with the Director TAJ (Happy Place) and Divya Creative to expand my name and brand. Everything has been great so far, and I feel like I have an All Star team around me to help further my career.

    DL: Since we last chopped it up last fall what are some other notable projects you have been working on our readers must check out if they already haven’t?

    MA: The project I am most excited about is a new video I have coming out for Mellow Hype (of Odd Future) “64.” It is truly an artistic piece that makes a statement using some never before seen visuals. I can’t go into details about the concept of the video but it is INSANE and should be out soon. I also dropped Nikki and Rich ft. Fabolous “City Lights” video that turned out amazing. It is always great working with them. The video that has been getting the most hype is the Xzibit & Young De “Man On The Moon” video. It was all shot underwater. So if you haven’t watched it, please do!

    DL: Are you still working mainly out of LA?

    MA: I am actually heading to IRAQ with Xzibit at the end of May to shoot a music video and documentary. He is performing for the troops so we will be visiting all the bases around the country. It is a once in a lifetime
    opportunity that I am very fortunate to be apart of. I also have a short film in the works. I will be shooting that in early July and am excited to get my narrative career moving. I continue to read scripts from my agent at ICM and hope to direct my first feature film in the near future.

    DL: How does it feel being nominated for a MTV Japan VMA for Like A G6?

    MA: It is a great honor and I feel so blessed to be nominated. It was a team effort and I couldn’t have done it without my supporting cast. Shout out to Far East Movement!

    DL: What is the greatest thing you have learned so far in your young
    successful career?

    MA: The greatest thing I have learned is to slow down and enjoy the moment.

    For more on Matt Alonzo, check these out:
    www.mattalonzo.com
    twitter.com/mattalonzo


    Source URL: http://americanendeavor.blogspot.com/2011/05/interview-matt-alonzo-checks-back-in.html
    Visit american endeavor for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive